3 Ideas For Spring Home Improvement Projects In Fort Lauderdale, FL
Henry Rollins said, “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” Spring brings out the desire to fling open the windows and scrub everything down to get your home in tip-top shape.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Fort Lauderdale to give your home a fresh start.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is the perfect time to make sure all of your home’s systems are working properly for the summer. Here’s a list of some of the things you should inspect every spring in Fort Lauderdale:
- HVAC System. Test your air conditioning system to make sure it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Replace your furnace and air conditioning filters so that your HVAC system is energy efficient. Local HVAC companies may provide this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to keep your home and loved ones safe. Put fresh batteries in your alarms every spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around windows, doors, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Repair the caulking as needed. Put in window treatments, such as plantation shutters, to improve the energy efficiency of your windows. Open each window to make sure that they can move freely.
2. Tackle The Dirt To See Your House Shine
Nothing makes your house shine as well as a good, deep clean. Begin by decluttering every room to open up your home. Then clean anything you don’t scrub every week.These areas include ceiling fans, floors, baseboards, and kitchen and bathrooms walls. Wipe your bathroom and kitchen fixtures until they shine. Vacuum your furniture and the area under and behind it.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your screens and windows to remove smudges and dust. Wipe down your shutters, and clean your shades and draperies. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
After you’re done with deep cleaning, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate is to start with what you have. Rearrange your furniture to change the room’s look. Or you can shop your home. This means you switch out the items you own between rooms. Bring in more color with new paint, colorful accent pillows, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo the look of a room, then browse through our idea gallery for inspiration. It’s brimming with photos of eye-catching rooms and window treatments for all areas of your house. Once you’ve chosen the style and color scheme you want, you can bring in furniture, artwork, and accessories.
Window treatments are a simple thing to update that coordinates with your existing furnishings and freshens up your rooms. You can choose from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters in addition to shades and blinds.
Find More Design Tips
Explore our design tips for more ways to enhance your home. And when you discover a look and window treatment that you want, call us at 561-440-8535 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our professionals will guide you in choosing the best window treatment to give your room a beautiful new look this spring.